Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Z-brush staggering

A few years ago, the revolution in the form of Z-Brush-like programs was just gaining momentum. My first contact with a similar approach to 3D modeling was naturally with Z-Brush itself. Pixologic were the big boys in the field back then.
I liked the idea, the workflow felt much more natural and intuitive than the classical method of moving vertices and splitting edges.

This is one of my first attempts to do something useful with it. Unfortunately by the time I had a very slow computer, so it looks a bit like stop motion animation with a clay figure.


Then I made a very simple program that tried to mimic some of the basic Z-brush functionality. It was written in Borland C++ Builder 6.0 and uses DirectX 9.0 for visualization. I still have it somewhere on my hard drive and most probably will post or link the code here if someone is interested.




No comments:

Post a Comment